This page will help you plan and apply for the Quality Counts Stipend Program.
STEP 1: Create a California Early Care and Education (ECE) Workforce Registry Account
- ECE Workforce Registry Account – The California ECE Workforce Registry is designed to track and promote the education, training and experience of the early care and education workforce. A complete ECE Workforce Registry account is required for all stipend applicants.
STEP 2: Complete & Submit Stipend Application (open January 1 - April 15)
- Stipend Application – The San Luis Obispo Quality Counts stipend application is available in the ECE Workforce Registry.
STEP 3: Complete & Submit Stipend Requirements before April 30, 2022
- Complete IRS W-9 Form* with current address & physical signature uploaded into ECE Workforce Registry. Click here for help uploading documents into the ECE Workforce Registry. *Not required for CAPSLO employees. Click here for a copy of the W9 form.
- Complete Professional Growth Plan (PGP) - Complete your professional growth plan here - https://forms.gle/nDRVWuSKcCTGDEti8. Click here for help uploading documents into the ECE Workforce Registry.
- Proof of 21 eligible* professional growth hours between May 1, 2021 - April 30, 2022 (i.e. training certificates, conference registration/certificates, documentation noting total training hours, etc.) To check your PD hours, simply log-on to your ECE Workforce Registry account, navigate to your home page, and select "View Education and Training Report (PDF)" under quick links. Click here for help uploading any missing training certificates into the ECE Workforce Registry.
- Complete Academic Plan/Child Development Permit Professional Growth Plan – You are required to meet with your college’s academic counselor or professional growth advisor to develop an Academic Plan/Child Development Permit Professional Growth Plan. These plans must outline the classes needed to achieve your degree or upgrade your CA Child Development Permit. After you have completed this plan, upload into ECE Workforce Registry. Click here for help uploading documents into the ECE Workforce Registry.
- Copy of Transcripts verifying eligible* units completed between May 1, 2021 – April 30, 2022. Upload unofficial or official transcripts into ECE Workforce Registry. Click here for help uploading transcripts into the ECE Workforce Registry.